Mark Treichel, former NCUA Executive Director, talks NCUA ERM and Risk Appetite
Mark Treichel, former Executive Director at the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration) talks with David about the NCUA's Enterprise Risk Management program and the recent release of their risk appetite statement.
- How ERM at the NCUA started under Mark’s watch in 2015 and how releasing this risk appetite statement is the next evolution of what started back then
- The significance of the NCUA approving this publicly
- What the different NCUA board members had to say at the board meeting about the risk appetite statement
- The NCUA not taking any significant risk at this time
- Is ERM getting closer to being a requirement for credit unions?
Mark can be found on LinkedIn or at his website:
The video version of ERM Perspectives, including this episode, can be viewed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IQFOIwW4ejVc7CbhajPZw